It (King, Stephen) Easter Egg - References to All Previous King Books
When King wrote the book It, he very intentionally made references to every other book he'd written up to that point. Here are a few:
1) Dick Halloran of The Shining has a small role in a flashback
2) The town of Castle Rock is mentioned, along with references to the serial killer that lived there (in The Dead Zone)
3) "It" manifests at one point as a leprous beggar missing most of his nose (Thinner)
4) At one point Beverly is trapped in a junked car while bad things go on outside -- and she has to pee really badly! (Cujo)
5) The car from Christine makes an appearance, and the driver says "See anything green?"
6) A theory expressed in King's nonfiction Danse Macabre is stated again here, that children are better at handling horror than adults
7) King even makes a reference to fellow horror writer Peter Straub, using the name of one of Straub's characters from Ghost Story: Stringer Deadham
A dedicated reader can find other references, everything from place names to repetition of interesting lines. King didn't leave out a single book he'd written up to this point.
7.1/10 with 363 votes
||Aleytys on 10-04-1999
Pictures and Videos
None posted yet. Send us yours
and be the first!