Development Team Credits
/10 with 59 votes
1. Hold Ctrl-Alt-Shift. Don't let up on any of these keys throughout the whole procedure.
2. Go to the Help menu of Program Manager and select About Program Manager.
3. There should be a nice colorful Microsoft Windows logo in the upper right hand... more
20 Comments - read or post
The Microsoft Bear
/10 with 60 votes
1.In enhanced mode, start a MS-DOS prompt.
2. Click on the System menu and bring up the Fonts page.
3. Look at the directory listing. Under WIN.COM, there should be a BEAR.EXE! Of course,it doesn't really exist. Here is the story behind the "Bear"
24 Comments - read or post
Minesweeper Cheat (NOT AN EGG)
/10 with 209 votes
1. Enter Minesweeper, and type "xyzzy"(No quotes).
2. Press the left shift key.
3. Look at the top-left most pixel on the entire screen. To see this pixel, you have to minimize or shrink Program manager, since this changing pixel resides on the background... more
11 Comments - read or post
Solitaire Cheat (NOT AN EGG)
/10 with 106 votes
1. Open solitaire
2. I always Play with settings:
3. Vegas, Keep score, Draw 3, Not timed game
4. Hold down "Cntl", "Alt", and "Shift"
5. Click on the deck
6. Instead of drawing 3, you get one but you can still go through the deck three times.... more
6 Comments - read or post
Windows 3.1 Solitare Egg
/10 with 1 votes
First, boot into Windows. Click on games in the program manager, and start up solitare. Once it has opened, set the deck to that picture of a beach and stare at it for a few minutes. If you wait long enough, the sun will have a smiley face and glasses!
Credits for the International Development Team
/10 with 24 votes
1. In the "Hauptgruppe" (Main? group), activate the "Zwischenablage" (Clipboard) program.
2. In the "Hilfe" (Help) menu, activate the "Inhalt" (Contents) submenu.
3. In the last line of the "Hilfe-Themen" (Topics?) activate the "i" in the word "Windows"... more