Halo Easter Egg - Snappy Out of Uniform Marine on Top of Cliff in Well Enough Alone Campaign Level
I was meandering around the "Well Enough Alone" level in Halo PC and think I may have uncovered a very cool new egg. I have searched around on Google and haven't found this egg mentioned anywhere yet.
There is a marine (may be one of the game creators) on top of one of the cliffs in the "Well Enough Alone" Campaign level. He is just hanging out in the rain and appears to be out of uniform (i.e. wearing a hiking hat and vest).
If you attack him (melee, pistol) he will snap back with comments like "Clean your visor". After about 4 or 5 attacks and corresponding verbal exchanges he eventually dies.
To get to the egg:
1. "Well Enough Alone" map needs to be modified to give you extra jump height. Info on modding maps and adding "superjump" can be found at the http://www.halomods.com forum.
2. Right after getting dropped off, walk over to the downed pelican (should be in front of you).
3. Walk straight out from the back of the downed pelican and over to the bottom of the cliff edge.
4. Jump in the air and land on top of the cliff.
5. Walk over to the guy standing out there in the rain. He will ignore you at first.
6. Fire a pistol round at him (less damage than melee). With each attack he will snap back at you with comments (see list below). After 4 or 5 attacks, he'll succumb and you will have to load the last checkpoint and start over to hear more snappy comebacks.
- "It's me!"
- "I'm on your side!"
- "What the F..."
- "Hold your fire!"
- "Clean your visor!"
- "Try aiming that weapon!"
- "Watch your fire!"
- "Cease fire!"
- "Hey, watch your fire amigo!"
- "Do I owe you money?"
- "Point that thing somewhere else!"
Spread the word and
if you like this Egg!
Halo for PC, mod to "Well Enough Alone" map to enable super jump
Pictures and Videos
Do you have another one? Send us a picture or video of this Egg!